Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Driving without the Horn?

At present i live in bangalore. I have seen people use their horns in their cars to satisfy their compulsive craving to honk, irrespective of the need. I would excuse the Taxi drivers because they need to honk in rhythm with their heartbeat!!

In 2010 and in 2011 i had two instances wherein my car horn went bad and needed repair and replacement. On both the occasions, i delayed the repairs by about 5 months and drove the car in the city without the horn working. Except for one or two cases where i felt the horn should have worked, at no other time did i face any problem. The traffic was the same--bad, congested, but it was not a problem. I did not get delayed any time and took the same amount of time to travel as i would have taken if the horn was working. At the end i was happy and proved a point or so to my friends and family. However, i would not advise any one to try this stunt if travels a lot or travels mostly in evenings or in the night. In fact, i would advise no one to try this. The only message i want to convey is that--- we need to curb our desire to honk unnecessarily.

I vividly remember my father-in-law, my wife  and others telling me to get the horn repaired and the look of disbelief(...might have been panic) when i told them that i would drive without horn for sometime.  

No comments: